ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

50fps to 25 fps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandeep singh50fps to 25 fps
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:11:19 am

Hello I have a footage that mistakingly was shot on 50 fps now that i am editing it , it renders into slow motion how to correct this anomoly.

Return to posts index

Juan A. Ibarra PeinadoRe: 50fps to 25 fps
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:50:27 am

Please tell us what software are you using... If you are using aftereffects interpret footage to 25fps before use it in timeline. If you are using premiere render it in AE (interpreting footage) before use it in the premiere timeline.

Hope this helps you.

Return to posts index

mandeep singhRe: 50fps to 25 fps
by on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:06:00 pm

Thanks for responding currently i am just importing footage to after effects i am persuming it automatically makes 50fps file useable as 25 fps . Is there any manual process involved as you said interprate footage how to do that

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: 50fps to 25 fps
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:34:16 pm

I think that After Effects automatically imported your 50fps footage as 25 fps because most PAL footage is 25fps, not 50. That's why you see slow motion.

If you want your composition to play normally in a 25fps composition, you can leave it as AE has interpreted it (25 fps), then drag it into the 25 fps comp, and speed it up ("time-stretch") it inside the composition. You want your layer to be twice as fast, or run half as long.

(You don't want to solve this in the interpretation dialog, because that dialog retains all frames of the clip. You don't want to do that -- you want to drop every other frame to speed up the footage. Right?)

Return to posts index

Harvey BrepsonRe: 50fps to 25 fps
by on Oct 29, 2012 at 7:20:53 pm

I shot a film on a SONY HDR CX115e, in 50 fps.
I've seen that in after effects, if I put 50 fps in the comp settings,
and preview it at 25fps, it shows me a smooth slow motion.
I'd like to know if it's possible to keep it in slow motion,
ind what render settings I have to use to keep it.
Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved