ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Which Video Compression to choose

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Baldauf
Which Video Compression to choose
on Nov 18, 2009 at 11:14:40 am

I am working on a small project that I will be importing into Flash as a video. I need to keep the filesize small but I do not want to pixilate my work. What is a recomended video format that keeps a happy medium.

I am trying to keep the project to play in 800x420 res without sacrificing quality if that helps

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
Re: Which Video Compression to choose
on Nov 18, 2009 at 3:35:43 pm

I've exported .FLVs straight from After Effects without an intermediate format.

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Nov 18, 2009 at 3:53:11 pm

this was posted by Todd over the Adobe AE forum:

In most cases, you want to export a Flash video (FLV) file, not a SWF file. Exporting a SWF file is only a good idea when you only use vector graphics in AE, and you limit yourself to using features that are supported as vectors for SWF export. The list of features supported as vectors for SWF is here.
Here is the After Effects Help page on how to Render and export a composition as an FLV or F4V file.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526165?tstart=0

bogiesan

Return to posts index

david bogie
on Nov 18, 2009 at 3:45:01 pm

This kind of question gets asked often around here and it usually indicates little knowledge of Flash which is a programming environment, sort of. Your video can be played back from a Flash interface using many different codecs.Open the Flash manual and decide which of the acceptable codecs you need to satisfy your delivery specifications or the Flash project requirements. Pick one.

You seem to be assuming Flash is going to magically reduce the size of your video file and that is not true. You cannot use the native Flash rendering codec unless your sequence is comprised totally of vector art and has absolutely no effects or filters that require rasterization.
Your frame size is quite large and, if you will not reduce it, your image quality will be determined by the two other factors you can control when transcoding for Flash delivery: frame rate and image quality.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
on Nov 18, 2009 at 11:02:36 pm

Oh, yeah. I hadn't even considered that might be what he wants, to make it into a .swf animation.

You can still use bitmap still images, rather than vector art, but the restriction on filters is true, and you can't use 3D.

This talks a little about it:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/tierney_jim/flashing_ccow/flashing_...
Also this:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/8.0/help.html?content=WSDE67F7...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]