ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem while animating vector files in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Madhanraj Dharmaraj
Problem while animating vector files in AE
on Nov 18, 2009 at 8:23:20 am

Pls........... someone help me.
I created text in AE then i imported vector(.ai) file. I did position animation for vector file with parenting the text. I created camera also. Camera animation is simple zoom in. While
i do this Im getting frame jerk in vector file and even in text also.
Things i tried...:
1. i thought this may be low res so i rendered full resolution even im getting the same problem.
2. I have applied motion blur to the layer and even gaussian blur filter. it doesn't work.
3. Finally i decided to slow down the animation little bit again same problem.

Camera is not closer to the layers. so what mistake i ve done..

Pls help me.. im in the last day to deliver the file. client will pissed off. pls pls pls.
Advance thanks.

with regards
Madhanraj.d

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Problem while animating vector files in AE
on Nov 18, 2009 at 5:01:57 pm

[Madhanraj Dharmaraj] "While i do this Im getting frame jerk in vector file and even in text also."

When are you seeing this stutter in the animation? On a RAM Preview? On the rendered file?
If you see it on the rendered file, what kind of codec did you use for rendering? Did you have Open GL enabled when rendering?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Madhanraj Dharmaraj
on Nov 19, 2009 at 5:35:24 pm

No not in RAM preview. Open GL enabled.
Im getting this stutter on the rendered file.

Format: 1. quicktime movie (Photo jepg)
2. quicktime movie (Photo 2000)
3. tga format (24 bit)

Im working on 2048*868 (2k) dimension compositing.
pls help me...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 19, 2009 at 7:33:20 pm

[Madhanraj Dharmaraj] "...Open GL enabled...."

Disable Open GL for rendering RIGHT NOW. It does more harm than good. Even the folks at Adobe don't use Open GL for rendering, which should be a warning to you.

Unless your rendered AE file contains errors caused by Open GL rendering, there's good news: your file is probably fine. But your computer's hard drive probably can't keep up with the bitrate necessary for such a large animation.

You can reassure yourself that things are fine in a couple of ways:
  • Use a third-party compression application to convert your high-quality AE file into something that can play back smoothly, like mp4 or h.264. These files would be for your reference ONLY. You DO NOT give such files to a client unless they're requested
  • In AE's render queue, you can use the Add Output Module command, and select a more highly-compressed codec. AE can then render a high-quality file plus the other one during the same render.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Madhanraj Dharmaraj
on Nov 21, 2009 at 11:54:04 am

Normally i won't use 'Open GL' Mr. Dave. Way to get solution for this issue I tried out. I should thank u for your valuable information. Because i was not tried these combination so i ll get back to u soon.

One more doubt about hard disk issue which one you specified
"But your computer's hard drive probably can't keep up with the bitrate necessary for such a large animation".

If u r connecting to my Color settings of the project and my hard disk then I used for this project is 8 bits per channel. I didn't get u correctly. thats why im asking you..

My system config:
Intel Xeon E5440.
Quad core processer 2.83 ghz (dual processer)
Quadro FX 4600/PCI/ SSE2
8 GB RAM.(Im using windows 32 bit OS so only 3 GB)
2*500 GB Hard disk.

AE CS4 will work fine on windows 64 bit version because im having 8 GB RAM but i cant use it ?

I really very sorry for this passage kind of questions.
you are my only hope... Pls pls pls forgive me & give some more suggestions to develop myself..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]