ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make this animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david hueso
How to make this animation
on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:00:54 am

How to make this animation in After Effects? Or is 3d?
I'm talking about trees...Not from the file.

http:/ / adsoftheworld.com / media / tv / honda_insight_hybrid_multiplicit...

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: How to make this animation
on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:17:56 am

It looks like the tree shapes are revealed using videos of ink in a tank of water on another layer as a luma matte. Or something similar.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

david hueso
on Nov 17, 2009 at 5:30:46 am

osea tu crees que simplemente son ilustraciones ..que se van revelando con luma matte...
gracias

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 17, 2009 at 4:09:05 pm

Michael's technique for using a track matte will reveal many of the trees. Other trees are revealed in a different way.

First, one sees the twigs, the twigs grow, then many leaves appear. I think this was done using a carefully prepared tree image in shades of gray. By animating AE's Threshold effect, you can create a matte to reveal a second image of those trees, created in shades of green.

This commercial obviously uses a lot of 3D motion tracking, or using camera data from a 3D application to keep the trees in the proper place. There are very few times in this commercial where one sees an actual car. Most of the time, the car was created in a 3D program.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ryan Hill
on Nov 17, 2009 at 8:39:16 pm

I think it looks similar to this:
http://library.creativecow.net/articles/hansen_jaysen/growing.php

With a dozen bunches of leaves for each tree being scaled up simultaneously. If I were to try this, I'd probably use expressions to tie the scale and rotation of each bunch of leaves to a single slider. They might also have some bunches that are parented to the first collection of bunches.

So, you'll spend a lot of time constructing the tree, but once you have it, you can animate it pretty easily. If you're doing a lot of trees, you might want to add some other properties that can be adjusted so you can make each tree slightly different just by changing some values.

Return to posts index

david hueso
on Nov 17, 2009 at 9:24:44 pm

thanks pal...you are great

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]