ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

pending media did not come online prior to timeout

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrei Staruialapending media did not come online prior to timeout
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 3:35:18 am

So I am trying to export my project from after effects using render que, tiff sequence, 720p and the first time it seemed that ae crushed but i have waited for about 10 minutes and got this message: "pending media did not come online prior to timeout". Anyway I tried with the export option, in the file menu and also different settings in render que (avi, quicktime) etc and the same thing. I think that the problem starts with "importing" the footage in the render engine.
Has anybody got this error and got a solution for it?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: pending media did not come online prior to timeout
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 4:06:16 pm

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andrei StaruialaRe: pending media did not come online prior to timeout
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 4:13:03 pm

Thank you very much for the reply. I solved the puzzle a few minutes ago. I used the collect files option and with the new trimmed project seems to work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]