ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Movement/drift between identical keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrett GibbonsMovement/drift between identical keyframes
by on Nov 15, 2009 at 4:53:52 am

Occasionally, rarely, I will have a situation come up in a comp where I set two identical keyframes (say 1 second apart), and the object will move in a direction (L->R, in my current case) and back during the space between the two keyframes. It will move one direction, then exactly halfway between the two keyframes it will move back in a linear fashion (not easy ease), and hit the second keyframe position exactly on the keyframe.

I have no other parameters keyframed, and nothing like this happens elsewhere in the same comp, but for some reason I get this drift.

Am I stupid?

http://www.vimeo.com/gwg

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Movement/drift between identical keyframes
by on Nov 15, 2009 at 5:23:28 am

See the part of this page that talks about "boomerang" motion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Movement/drift between identical keyframes
by on Nov 15, 2009 at 6:32:20 pm

Start learning about the CS3 graph editor. Unfortunately, the implementation of this tool is very crude and still in it's infancy. But it does allow you to recognize and fix issues such as this immediately.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Movement/drift between identical keyframes
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 4:08:58 pm

In addition to Todd's AE Help reference, check out the two AE podcast tutorials by Aharon Rabinowitz on the Boomerang Effect. They're right here on the COW.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Movement/drift between identical keyframes
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 4:30:13 pm

> In addition to Todd's AE Help reference, check out the two AE podcast tutorials by Aharon Rabinowitz on the Boomerang Effect. They're right here on the COW.

... and I point to them from the Help page. It's all a virtuous circle. ;-)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Garrett GibbonsRe: Movement/drift between identical keyframes
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 4:43:40 pm

Thanks so much for your help, everyone.

The second Aharon Rabinowitz tutorial solved my particular problem; I'm glad I was able to tolerate his terrifyingly bad Australian accent.

http://www.vimeo.com/gwg

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Movement/drift between identical keyframes
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 6:42:09 pm

[Garrett Gibbons] "I'm glad I was able to tolerate his terrifyingly bad Australian accent."

You ought to hear Aharon try an accent from Michigan's Upper Peninsula: the Yoopers. Scary.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]