ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Green Screen Keylight

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin AsnisGreen Screen Keylight
by on Nov 13, 2009 at 2:02:56 am

When I use keylight the final result looks like I put a film effect on it and does not look the same as the original video. The motion does not look exactly the same a little flickery. It works great other than that, if someone could shed light on what I'm doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Green Screen Keylight
by on Nov 13, 2009 at 4:08:31 pm

Pulling a good key depends on a lot of factors: the lighting, the uniformity of the light on the chroma key background, the ratio of the subject's brightness to the background, the the subject's distance from the chroma key background... and because not all cameras are created equal, the type of video you shot and the codec in which it was recorded.

When we know these things, we can actually offer up some intelligent opinions on what's wrong. In the meantime, you should know that it's extremely difficult to use Keylight properly without knowing how the filter works. It's very difficult to just twiddle with the controls intuitively.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Benjamin AsnisRe: Green Screen Keylight
by on Nov 14, 2009 at 4:50:27 am

Hi David,

I understand how keylight works as there was good tutorial by Andrew Kramer on that. My problem is not in the key but in how the motion of the video looks after exported, it looks similar to 24p sort of look instead of 29.97. The format is SD D1 720x486.

Thanks for getting back to my post.

Ben

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Green Screen Keylight
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 6:28:56 pm

[Benjamin Asnis] "The format is SD D1 720x486. "

That's nice. But perhaps you also have answers to the really important stuff, and I quote:

"...the lighting, the uniformity of the light on the chroma key background, the ratio of the subject's brightness to the background, the the subject's distance from the chroma key background... and because not all cameras are created equal, the type of video you shot and the codec in which it was recorded..."

You know, the information that really determines the quality of a key. All you gave was the name of an AE comp preset. Big deal.

You also might get some help from reading this:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/967642

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]