ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

help for video projection with alpha channel directly from after effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alvaro gonzalez vallejoshelp for video projection with alpha channel directly from after effects
by on Nov 12, 2009 at 3:18:00 am

hi guys, i need your guidance to do this, i have an alpha quicktime video on my after effects timeline, can i project that video with that alpha channel on a wall or building directly and dont see the square borders of the video with my projector connected to my laptop,using a firewire cable or a external hardware, or maybe a plugin for after effects could help me?, please i need to do that for my final exam of my carreer im a graphic designer, but i´ve tried to use a vj software and no results, and i heard that this firewire cable or a plugin do that,if anyone knows some tip or a good guide to do that i´ll be so grateful.

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: help for video projection with alpha channel directly from after effects
by on Nov 12, 2009 at 4:35:08 pm

[alvaro gonzalez vallejos] " i have an alpha quicktime video on my after effects timeline, can i project that video with that alpha channel on a wall or building directly and dont see the square borders of the video with my projector connected to my laptop,using a firewire cable or a external hardware"

No. AE is NOT intended for real time playback. If you haven't yet learned this, you need some remedial study.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[alvaro gonzalez vallejos] "...or maybe a plugin for after effects could help me?"

Again, no.... for the same reason as above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[alvaro gonzalez vallejos] "...i need to do that for my final exam of my carreer im a graphic designer..."

WHY? Why don't you simply author a DVD? Why are you making this difficult?

And here's the most fundamental question of all -- when you make an alpha channel, the background disappears. It reveals whatever you're using as a background -- the default black background, the Photoshop-like checkerboard background, or another background you choose. How do you propose to show the viewer that there is nothing there when ANY playback system will most certainly put SOMETHING behind the alpha-channeled layer?

You'll have to DECIDE ON A BACKGROUND. And then, you ought to make a DVD for playback.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]