ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tearing apart logo

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
diego delanoe
Tearing apart logo
on Nov 11, 2009 at 4:55:37 am

Hi Everyone,

I just was wondering if anyone knows how to accomplish a tearing apart logo effect like the one on this example:

I tryed with shattering, but it did n´t really made it.

Thanks for any help!

THE PANIC PROPAGANDA

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: Tearing apart logo
on Nov 11, 2009 at 2:39:36 pm

Your clip reads "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request."

... I'm not interested in friend requests, so I can't see the video. Can you make it so we can see this?

Return to posts index

diego delanoe
on Nov 11, 2009 at 3:28:09 pm

Sorry Steve, my mistake, it´s already fixed, now you should be able to watch it.

THE PANIC PROPAGANDA

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 11, 2009 at 4:24:58 pm

Shatter is a pretty sophisticated effect, which can utilize luminance maps to control what gets shattered. I wouldn't give up on it quite yet.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kodie Graham
on Nov 12, 2009 at 8:04:26 am

Hey im new to all the after effects stuff but after playing around a bit I would think that if you created a shatter mask and used a particle system like trapcode form then you set the particules to sample the shape of the shatter then might be able to achieve it? Just an idea.

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
on Nov 13, 2009 at 3:57:09 pm

I agree. Use shatter, make your custom shatter map and a gradient map to control the time the individual pieces blow away.
Apart from that using force and gravity should be enough.

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

diego delanoe
on Nov 13, 2009 at 7:59:44 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for the answers, yes i been trying with shatter, but yet i havent been able to accomplish the effect, specially for the direction and speed they blow away, its more like a explosion rather than the smoth blow away im looking for...Anders, you said i can use a gradient map to control the time, could you please explain me how to do it?...anyway, if there´s anyone that have done something like this before please tell if there´s any other way apart of shatter,
thanks to all

THE PANIC PROPAGANDA

Return to posts index

diego delanoe
on Nov 14, 2009 at 12:03:23 am

Hi , thanks for the tips, the gradient layer made the trick, then i just had to play around with the gravity and of course read like 20 times the shatter effect manual to understand what was i doing hehe, here´s a little example of an example test:

thanks to you all!!

THE PANIC PROPAGANDA

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
on Nov 17, 2009 at 11:59:45 am

Great - It's getting there!
I should read the shatter instructions a few times as well..

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]