ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Can I reveal missing files, in project window....

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Draper
Can I reveal missing files, in project window....
on Nov 10, 2009 at 10:11:34 am

Good morning,
I've got a few large after effects CS4 projects, that have been working on a network, due to lots of changes/moving. Some files have gone missing. The project is particularly graphics heavy,and I cannot see where the missing files are (not without some very slow scrolling).

Is there a way to get the project window to show the files that are not linked. (I know the icon would show colour bars if it is not connected, but again there are so many folders within folders that it will take a while)....

P.S. I hate working with freelancers as it always gets very untidy...:-) Even though I used to be one...

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: Can I reveal missing files, in project window....
on Nov 10, 2009 at 1:04:38 pm

I don't recall the shortcut (maybe CNTRL G), but there is a Find command in the file menu that has a Missing Files checkbox in the window that comes up and there is a Find Next shortcut that allows you to continue searching through the whole project after the first one.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 11, 2009 at 1:07:37 am

After Effects CS4 added an easy way to find missing items. You can just type 'missing' in the search field in the Project panel. See this page for more information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Jon Draper
on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:50:20 am

thankyou... :-) works a treat

Return to posts index

Paulo Cholla
on Aug 8, 2014 at 3:52:53 am

thanks Todd!! just what i was looking for!! ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]