ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Output for DVD

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Hoffman
Output for DVD
on Nov 10, 2009 at 7:26:45 am

Hi

I've done a custom sized 5 second video to be played on a big screen at a football stadium. I need to get it to automatically play on a DVD as that is how they transfer it to the correct format.

How should I output it from After Effects?

Return to posts index

Juan A. Ibarra Peinado
Re: Output for DVD
on Nov 10, 2009 at 12:52:54 pm

Usually u must render an m2v or mpg file to be player directly in dvd´s but you must edit the setiings of file to your custom size if dvd player hardware donesnt itseft.

Tip: render your avi file uncompresed and use some dvd toaster like nero or ulead dvd workshop.

CÁMERA: JVC GYHD251+BR-HD100
VTR: JVC BR-HD50
CAPTURE PLAYBACK: BLACKMAGIC MULTIBRIDGE PRO
COMPUTER: I7

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Output for DVD
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:14:55 pm

[Tom Hoffman] "I've done a custom sized 5 second video to be played on a big screen at a football stadium... How should I output it from After Effects?"

If this DVD is the kind that plays in a DVD player, you'll need to author a DVD. DVDs can only play mpeg2 video files. But you DON'T want AE to render the mpeg2. AE is incapable of multipass encoding, which really makes a difference.

Instead, render a high-quality file out of AE, then use something else to convert it to mpeg2. Even the DVD authoring software is bound to have a better mpeg2 encoder than AE. And since it's only :05, you might as well get the best image quality you can, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]