ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Auto Trace Clipping

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew JensenAuto Trace Clipping
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 6:34:28 pm

Hey everyone, I've looked through the forums at auto tracing "super tight junk matte" forums that deal with issues but haven't found one that has had this issue.

I'm doing the super tight junk matte and I'm having it auto trace the person speaking perfectly on the first frame, but after the first frame, the is a clipping that occurs on the right side. I've tried centering and downsizing the person, but still same issue. It has happened on two different people, but not on some others. Any ideas on what could be causing the clipping?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Auto Trace Clipping
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 7:12:05 pm

[Drew Jensen] "Any ideas on what could be causing the clipping?"

Assuming the subject isn't cut off at the edges of the picture, the most obvious explanation is that the chroma key was poorly lit. After that, it could be due to shooting on DV or HDV, both notoriously poor choices for chroma key work.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Drew JensenRe: Auto Trace Clipping
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 7:22:30 pm

Hey Dave, thanks for the response. I replied to a post of yours in a different thread I made a little while ago, but since you seem to be on the prowl in these forums, I was wondering if you could maybe answer some questions I have about HDV and keying. I've just copied and pasted this from the other thread I posted.

You talk about converting the format. I have a few more questions if you don't mind answering them. So, I'm using a Canon XH-A1 and we use firewire connection to record using premiere pro. Now, is there a different codec/format I can use in premiere pro to capture for better editing and chroma keying, or do I just need to convert it after being capture? If needing to convert, can you recommend a codec/format to use and program to use?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved