ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

a preset from the effects menu is missing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Hoopera preset from the effects menu is missing
by on Nov 8, 2009 at 5:28:53 am

Hey guys, only recently I found out about "Color Finesse" which comes with every copy of After Effects. For some reason it appears to be missing from my copy. It's meant to be under the "Synthetic Aperture" menu in the effects but that seems to be missing entirely as well.

Any ideas on how I could get this back without having to reinstall after effects. I don't want to reinstall all my plugins so I'd like to know whether I can get synthetic aperture and all its effects back.

Thanks in advance, Eugene

Macbook 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: a preset from the effects menu is missing
by on Nov 8, 2009 at 5:13:33 pm

Color Finesse isn't a "preset". It's an effect. This isn't picking nits. The distinction matters a lot when you're trying to determine if the right files are in the right places.

Was Color Finesse working for you before? Are you not able to apply it now in the same manner that you were able to apply it before?

Are you using a trial copy of After Effects?

from "Effect plug-ins":
"Adobe provides many third-party effect plug-ins with After Effects. Keylight, Color Finesse, and Cycore FX (CC) plug-ins are installed by default with the full version of Adobe After Effects software. These plug-ins are not included with the trial version of Adobe After Effects software."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Eugene HooperRe: a preset from the effects menu is missing
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 12:19:54 am

sorry got my words mixed up. yes, I have a full version of AE CS3 but actually didn't even know about color finesse until I recently saw a tutorial by Eran Stern -"The Pusher". He mentions that every copy of AE since version 6 comes with this plugin so when I went to look for it under the effects, I could not find it.

I'm guessing that I must have accidentally removed the plugin from my plugins folder while installing other ones. I'm not sure but it could be lost for ever. In this case is my only option to reinstall my AE CS3 entirely? Or is there a way of just retrieving this plugin/or the original plugins if more happen to be "lost"?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: a preset from the effects menu is missing
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 12:38:44 am

The third-party plug-ins, including Color Finesse, are installed by default when you install After Effects CS3. It is possible (if I remember correctly) to uncheck a box at installation and thereby prevent these third-party plug-ins from being installed.

I don't have CS3 installation discs around to check right now, but I think that you can insert the installation disc, start the installation again, and just choose to install these missing components.

But I'm no expert on installation issues, and my memory of installing CS3 is fuzzy by now.

If you continue to have problems, I recommend calling Adobe Technical Support, since this is exactly the sort of question that they should be set up to handle easily:
http://www.adobe.com/support/programs/customer/gss.html

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Eugene HooperRe: a preset from the effects menu is missing
by on Nov 9, 2009 at 1:07:19 am

great, thanks for that I'll check it out.

cheers, Eugene

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]