ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ultra Fast Rendering and Previews.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua Galbincea
Ultra Fast Rendering and Previews.
on Nov 8, 2009 at 12:55:46 am

I'm looking for real world opinions, and possibly benchmarks specific to After Effects, and other Compositing and 3D software. My budget is no more than $3200. No monitor or accessories needed.

It's time to build a new machine. The new 27" Quad iMac actually looks really great to me. I'd love a Mac Pro tower, too, which the quad core (slightly tuned) fits into my 3200 budget. I'm not opposed to PC. I hear that AE CS4 is 64bit only on PC too.

How important is your video card for final render times? Do High-end Gaming cards hold their own against pro-graphics in previews and renders? For $3200, am I better off going PC and if so, what kind of increase would I be looking at vs. a baseline Mac Pro Quad?

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Ultra Fast Rendering and Previews.
on Nov 8, 2009 at 5:43:11 am

> I hear that AE CS4 is 64bit only on PC too.

That's false.

> How important is your video card for final render times?

Not at all.

Concentrate on RAM, multiple fast local disk drives, and a set of fast processors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Jakob MÃ¥rtensson
Re: Ultra Fast Rendering and Previews.
on Nov 9, 2009 at 2:24:50 am

Graphic cards only affect previews in this case.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]