ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Comp Markers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric JordanComp Markers
by on Nov 7, 2009 at 4:54:02 am

Hey all,

I typically spend hours and hours creating comp markers in my composition timelines for all the bass-kick hits, etc, that occur in my soundtrack layer so that I can later synchronize animation elements to those markers. Is there ANY possible way to automatically generate comp markers by analyzing the audio, or having AE imimport some sort of metadata from another program? This would save me an enormous amount of time.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Comp Markers
by on Nov 7, 2009 at 5:24:45 am

First off, you're alluding to Layer Markers and not Composition Markers. What you want is very achievable but you'll need Expressins or even Soundkeys from Trapcode. It helps if you can prep your audio file.

But honestly, since layer marker creation is done in realtime, I don't see how you will want to speed this up. Further, you will still need to check on the results once you're done. An automated process that is lined up against an audio file that isn't suitably setup for the job may result in errors further down the production line.

FWIW, Trapcode's Soundkeys is able to discern audio frequencies as well as amplitude.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Eric JordanRe: Comp Markers
by on Nov 8, 2009 at 10:14:32 pm

I found a script on that does precisely what I was seeking:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved