ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

1280 woes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Vaka
1280 woes
on Nov 6, 2009 at 5:48:15 pm

Hello,

I'm attempting to import a Quick Time Movie to AE-CS4 that is 1280 x 720 and 23.976 FPS. The frame rate comes in ok, but it's scaling my video down to 960 x 720. I just upgraded to Snow Leopard and don't seem to have Quick Time Pro. I'm also on the road so I don't have my OSX DVD with me. The Apple Store said they would help me with getting pro, but I'm not certain if that will fix the issue.

Let me know when you can, I'd rather not stretch the video through output, but I've done crazier thing :p.

Thanks,

Nick

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 1280 woes
on Nov 6, 2009 at 5:54:23 pm

[Nick Vaka] "I'm attempting to import a Quick Time Movie to AE-CS4 that is 1280 x 720 and 23.976 FPS."

You just THINK it's 1280x720.

"Yeah, but Quicktime says it's 1280x720."

That's because Quicktime's telling you what it would be if the video was in SQUARE PIXELS. It's really not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Nick Vaka] "The frame rate comes in ok, but it's scaling my video down to 960 x 720."

Surprise! YOUR footage IS 960x720 -- you're just looking at it in the comp window in a square-pixel display. Your footage uses a non-square pixel aspect ratio, something like 1.25. You just have to toggle the pixel aspect ratio compensation switch at the bottom of the comp window to see it in 16x9. Don't be surprised if any text you add looks jaggy. It'll render just fine.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick Vaka
Re: 1280 woes
on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:00:31 pm

I actually can see it in the proper aspect, but it's rendering out at the wrong dimensions. I just switched it to stretch out to 16:9. I don't seem to have any HD presets coming out of AE, despite having QT-Pro installed. I downloaded a few Avid-codecs and that seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Nick Vaka
Motion Graphics & Animation
http://www.nickvaka.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]