ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Suggestions needed...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
graham osborneSuggestions needed...
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 10:56:22 pm

I've got some footage (just a few minutes) of vehicles which have military markings painted on them but due to problems with extras on shooting day we had to use vehicles with the wrong country's markings sooooo armed with a copy of After Effects I've got the job of removing or replacing 15 american white stars... I first tried manually rubber stamp tool'ing in photoshop but as you can imagine this looked terrible. I've also tried with a single tracking point and attaching a cleaned image of the affected areas but perspective and shadows meant that this didn't work either... Does anyone have any suggestions or can anyone point me in the direction of some specific tutorials or books that may help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Suggestions needed...
by on Nov 6, 2009 at 12:24:48 am

I'd use mocha-AE. There are lots of links to tutorials and other resources for using mocha-AE on this page.

If you do just use the After Effects point tracker, you can do a Perspective Corner Pin track to deal with the perspective issues.

You may be able to deal with the shadows by picking the right blending mode to retain the darks of the shadows but replace the white of the star. Or you could just paint some shadows back in.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved