ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Vagas Intergration within AE.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn BirksVagas Intergration within AE.
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 7:39:43 pm

I run Vegas as my primary NLE, we are working on our latest film and I have been amazed by the stuff AE in regards SFX and 3D compositing. I know its an hackneyed old question wheere I already know what answer is coming from the Premier Pro users, but the thing is I like the Vegas interface and its like family......
My question being , how do I intergrate my workflow from Vegas into AE and back again, as I am picking up nuggets of information stating there isn't a native file for vegas to output into AE, and back again.

I understand AE won't replicate a 5.1 audio stream that has been rendered to go with the video, so is my only option to render the whole project out of Vegas as a AVI ?

Best wishes,

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Vagas Intergration within AE.
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 10:25:10 pm

You can export an AAF file out of Vegas and import that into After Effects. There's a link to a brief tutorial at the very bottom of the "Supported import formats" page of After Effects Help.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved