ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Sound Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gilles MarchandSound Effects
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 12:28:03 am

Hey guys

I'm just working on an intro to add to the videos i'm making for my outfitting company. I'm looking for sound effects like the ones that are in the video below. which is very well done

I'm totally new at this just getting into after effects cs4 this past weekend

So I guess my question is where can I download cool/good quality sound effects?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Richie TovellRe: Sound Effects
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 3:16:10 am

I know, I'm a sound engineer ;)

EDD: If they're synth based effects as apposed to manipulated samples etc or found sounds, you might be better off creating your own FX using a plugin, however I can't see the video you've posted so I'm just guessing.

Care to post the link on it's own?

Return to posts index

Xinlai NiRe: Sound Effects
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:19:42 am

Many websites have sound effects sorted by categories, you can probably search by the any key word (e.g., whoosh). Many have free samples available (with lower bitrate and mono) and charge you some $ for high-quality stereo ones.
Google is your good friend :)

Xinlai Ni
Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Sound Effects
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 3:37:58 pm

[Gilles Marchand] "I'm totally new at this just getting into after effects cs4 this past weekend.."

I didn't attempt an AE project for a couple of months after I first opened up the software: too many basics to learn before I could even know what I could do, to say nothing of how to do it.

Are you over your head yet? If you have a tight deadline, I wouldn't count on making that open in AE, because AE is NOT the kind of software where you can say, "I want to do just this one thing, and it looks like this example -- what are the steps?"

You can follow the steps to make a table from a text file in Microsoft Word, but AE's just a little different.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sumit MehtaRe: Sound Effects
by on Nov 7, 2009 at 10:12:27 am

excellent place to get good quality sounds, used it in the past, would reccomend =]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved