ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Sony HDV 1080i footage within AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane FordSony HDV 1080i footage within AE
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 6:31:03 pm

Hey all,

I've gone through a few of the other posts about a similar issue, but I'm still a little unsure of what to do. I typically have been shooting my HD footage with a Canon 5D Mark II, which shoots full 1080p. I just received some footage for a job that was shot on a Sony HDV camera, which is at 1080i. The final output is for web, but the client wants a final output in HD.

The footage was shot in front of a green screen, which needs to be keyed out to a white background. The footage looks great, but I'm unsure of how to go about editing this 1080i material in AE.

I imported the tape into Premiere and did some trimming/editing of the files. I now need to key out the green in AE. What's the best way to do this? I noticed when I tried a dynamic link of the footage, the comp in AE was set to 1440x1080 and made the footage looked squished. Should I deinterlace this footage somewhere? Would it be okay to make a 1280x720 comp in AE and just resize the footage down to that?

I'm not looking for keying help. I am, however, looking for some help with 1080i footage and if there are any special tricks I need to know so I can get the absolute best output from that footage.

Any tips/advice/help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Sony HDV 1080i footage within AE
by on Nov 4, 2009 at 1:09:37 am

If you're working with interlaced footage in After Effects, be sure to separate fields.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Shane FordRe: Sony HDV 1080i footage within AE
by on Nov 4, 2009 at 1:58:56 am

Interesting, thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

Danny HaysRe: Sony HDV 1080i footage within AE
by on Nov 8, 2009 at 3:33:16 am

I've imported m2t files into AE, used Keylight and can get great results. I render to a progressive format.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved