ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS3 License Help HD Crash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad SmithCS3 License Help HD Crash
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:01:54 pm

So my G5 bit the dust awhile back. I had CS3 Production Premium on that machine. Then I got a new machine. Put CS3 on the Mac Pro. Runs fine. Then I got an iMac and wanted to put CS3 on that as well. It is my understanding that I can run 2 copies of the software. However on the iMac when I run AE it tells me that I cannot activate this because I am running the max number of copies (or words to that effect) Is there a way for me to DE activate the version that was running on my old G5? How can I do that if the HD crashed and was wiped? I tried logging into my account on but there is no way that I could see of managing my license. Is there a way for me to do this?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: CS3 License Help HD Crash
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:37:14 pm

I suggest contacting Adobe Customer Service. They're the only ones who can help with licensing and activation issues.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Chad SmithRe: CS3 License Help HD Crash
by on Nov 4, 2009 at 4:48:51 pm

Thanks Todd - I logged onto the Adobe site and was trying to find info about my issue. Then a live chat was invoked and I was able to chat with a tech who solved my issue in about 2 min. FANTASTIC! A great way to provide support. A+ in my book.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved