ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I see fields on client monitor

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Stanowski
I see fields on client monitor
on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:30:42 am

I just got a BlackMagic Intensity Pro card and am using it to monitor my AE work on an external monitor. Thing is I'm seeing fields, or rather, see the lack of both sets of fields. So I'm looking at a distorted image. Know what I mean? Is this just something I have to live with as AE seperates the fields and the client doesn't understand that or is there a way to see things a little smoother?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: I see fields on client monitor
on Nov 3, 2009 at 4:42:47 am

Youshould be seeing a full-frame, ie not fields. Check the monitor and card settings. Also, post this in the COW's BlackMagic forum.

CHeers
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

John Stanowski
on Nov 3, 2009 at 5:26:49 am

ah, thanks, I will.

Return to posts index

Peter Litwinowicz
on Nov 3, 2009 at 11:23:20 pm

if you want to see both fields on your external monitor from a RAM preview, you can use our FieldsKit product, which as a "REinterlacer" plugin that will time sample your 29.97 comp at each field time (that is, at each frame, and exactly between each frame) to create interlaced footage in the RAM preview. You simply select the "< Half Frame Rate" option within a 29.97 (25 in PAL) comp.. Select whether you want the output to be Lower Field First or Upper Field First within the plugin, and voila, you get a RAM preview as if you used AE"s rendering to disk to produce interlaced material.

http://www.revisionfx.com/products/fieldskit/

Free demo version: http://www.revisionfx.com/products/fieldskit/downloads/

Pete Litwinowicz
RE:Vision Effects, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]