ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Avc-intra in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luiz Felipe MarcondesAvc-intra in After Effects
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:20:43 pm

I am trying to purchase a camera avc-intra, But much work com After Effects and after the factory is not compatible.
The site Adobe found an optional plug-in that reads the codec of the AVC-intra Premiere Pro, But, I do not know if the same is valid for after.
Most of my videos would be edited in edius and I'm thinking of starting to use the systems AVID media composer and was wondering if you have any video format 4:2:2 com compression also 100MPS that I could use to make the transitions...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Avc-intra in After Effects
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:37:58 pm

[Luiz Felipe Marcondes] "The site Adobe found an optional plug-in that reads the codec of the AVC-intra Premiere Pro, But, I do not know if the same is valid for after. "

I think this plugin lets Premiere work with AVC Intra. But After Effects will not work with this footage. You should read this information, because it also applies to AVC Intra:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: Avc-intra in After Effects
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:22:28 am

Dave: AVC-Intra has "intra" in the name because it doesn't use temporal compression like the other formats you mentioned. It uses an I-Frame only flavor of H264, as far as I know.
Adobe will release soon an (announced) CS4.2 update for Premiere Pro that will add native support for AVC-Intra files. There are no announcements about After Effects in this regard.

Adolfo Rozenfeld ยท Adobe

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Avc-intra in After Effects
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 4:22:06 pm

[Adolfo Rozenfeld] "It uses an I-Frame only flavor of H264, as far as I know"

Thanks for the clarification, Adolfo. I'll keep that fact in mind.....

[Adolfo Rozenfeld] "There are no announcements about After Effects in this regard. "

.... but if AE can't deal well with H.264 now, it would appear that just might remain that way. Mind you, I have no personal experience in the matter, because I simply don't use it.

Perhaps I should leave the authoritative-sounding remarks to another person.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]