ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Default Movie Creation File Type

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim ScarpinoDefault Movie Creation File Type
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:11:27 pm

Greetings all,

I've been a AE user for a number of years, and one item I'm not sure how to change (if it's even possible)is the "default" file type when creating a movie of my composition. It always wants to create a .avi file even though I always require a Quicktime file. Is there a way to change this?

Also, when I've got multiple movies in the Render Que, AE will do the first movie, but then immediately crash upon starting the second.

I get this message:

After Effects Warning: Logged one error - "error: creating movie-filed not found (-43).(44 :: 36)"

If I go render just a single comp, it will render just fine.

I am using AE CS4

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tim Scarpino

Return to posts index

Eric SandersonRe: Default Movie Creation File Type
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:20:01 pm

if you go to Edit, Templates you can change/add custom render settings and output modules

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Default Movie Creation File Type
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:23:39 pm

you can set the default output module preset to use for renders by clicking the little arrow next to the output module in the render queue. then just pick the preset to use from the movie default dropdown.

if you needed to create a new preset to use as the default, you'd do that there to. just type a name for the preset/settings then choose edit and set the setting accordingly. then choose that new preset as the movie default.

as for the crash... make sure you have the latest update to cs4 and that you're first render is not set to overwrite any file being used in the next comp... those are the first two things i can think of for an error like that.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Default Movie Creation File Type
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:58:02 pm

Shortcut: Hold the control (command on mac) key down when you select the template from the output module and it will become the default template.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved