ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Compressing a composition (in a special way...)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joris Corthout
Compressing a composition (in a special way...)
on Nov 2, 2009 at 2:40:46 pm

Hey There

here is my problem

I have a composition of 30.000 pixels wide
now in this composition i need the information of every 10th line horizontally. This will reduce my comp to a comp that is 3000 pixels wide

So if my composition of 30.000 pixels wide has:
one white vertical line on pixel nr1 then 9 black lines, 1 white line, 9 black ones,... and then I compress it, I should get a nice white solid in the 3000 pixels wide compo

hope this is a bit clear and I hope anyone knows how to do this... I dont feel like putting 3000 compositions into a new comp :)

thanks

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Compressing a composition (in a special way...)
on Nov 2, 2009 at 9:08:45 pm

[Joris Corthout] "So if my composition of 30.000 pixels wide has:
one white vertical line on pixel nr1 then 9 black lines, 1 white line, 9 black ones,... and then I compress it, I should get a nice white solid in the 3000 pixels wide comp"

nope, due to anti-aliasing the scaling of the 30000px comp to fit a 3000px comp will produce a solid that is about 10% white (or 90% black, depending how you look at it). it will essentially be averaging 1 white line with 9 black lines.

can you be more specific about what you are doing? there may be a way to do it with out have 3000 solids.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Compressing a composition (in a special way...)
on Nov 3, 2009 at 4:52:58 am

[Joris Corthout] "So if my composition of 30.000 pixels wide has: one white vertical line on pixel nr1 then 9 black lines, 1 white line, 9 black ones,... and then I compress it, I should get a nice white solid in the 3000 pixels wide compo"

It would be much easier to simply create a 3Kx3K white solid and then render that. ;-) haha, just kidding. Sorry I couldn't resist.

Like Kevin says, you need to provide more info. Your ideal solution will probably involve Scripting or Expressions. So more info will be good. Also, do post this in the COW's AE Expression Forum once you have more info.

Cheers
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]