ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Strange tape issue - can AE fix?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bové
Strange tape issue - can AE fix?
on Nov 2, 2009 at 12:25:43 pm

Hello. An Avid/FCP editor here looking for help with a tape format neither system can see.

SONY HDV camera (Z5U) shot 1080i 24p. That's right, 1080i 24p is the readout on the camera's display. Using a SONY Z7U as a deck. Firewire. Having capture issues - same issues on MCA (HP8400) at work and Mac Pro (intel quad core) at home. Both systems up-to-spec.

Have newest versions of MS and FCP. Neither can see this format without burping timecode error messages every two seconds. In short, I've created EVERY project type in MC and tweaked every possible setting in FCP's video settings. Even turned off timecode in the capture window. Burp. "Cannot record this format without timecode selected."

Totally able to capture 30i NTSC no problem... but obviously I'm going to have to online this thing in HD soon.

Clues? I've heard rumblings of the Z7U creating this odd format then discontinuing it by the next camera's release.

______
/-o-o-
`(=)`/...Pixel Monkey
`(___)

A picture says 1000 words. Editors give them meaning.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
Re: Strange tape issue - can AE fix?
on Nov 2, 2009 at 3:05:43 pm

The problem is ... AE can't capture footage. You need to use an editing app to capture/ingest the footage first.

Now if you could capture the footage, you could import the digital file into AE and study it, but you have to capture it first in another app. Sorry.

Return to posts index

Chris Bové
on Nov 3, 2009 at 1:01:52 am

Thanks - shows what I know!

______
/-o-o-
`(=)`/...Pixel Monkey
`(___)

A picture says 1000 words. Editors give them meaning.

Return to posts index

Steve Roberts
on Nov 3, 2009 at 10:27:40 pm

Hey, no worries. Hope you solve the problem ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]