ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Please help me - Aurora Sky and AE CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Wentworth-BellPlease help me - Aurora Sky and AE CS4
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 6:43:06 am

G'day members of creative cow! I have just joined up, and this is my first post. Unfortunately I wish I had a better reason to post!

Myself and 2 mates are currently working on a 3D animation, now in the post production stage. The animation has a large dogfight scene, and, from the start, we decided to do add the clouds in After Effects.

Originally we planned on using particular, based of the 'Pierre's cloud carpet' example at trapcode.com, but after 2 days of tweaking, we simply could not get the clouds to look satisfactory - They look fine when flying through them, but we need them from all angles to suit different shots, and from a bird's eye view, our clouds look pretty shocking. We have also tried using a custom smoke image for our clouds, but, still, they only look good from front on.

So, last night i visited the Cow forums, and, through searching, i found a tonne of posts about 'Aurora Sky.'

This plugin, with its 3D clouds looks like the perfect answer!!

So, here is my question. I have downloaded the demo version 1.0 and 1.01 from the Digi Elements site, (most recent i could find) and the old digital anarchy version. 3 hours total scouring the net for this plugin, because when i install all of them, and try to open up an example in AE CS4, or even just apply the plugin in CS4, CS4 crashes, and i get the message "could not find some suite" !!!

I read on the digi-elements site that "Aurora Sky AE, and Aurora Water and Aurora 2 are all available in CS3 as a free upgrade for registered users" but cannot find a link to this upgrade anywhere! Is it not possible to try out the demo version on cs4? There is no way i am going to lay down $169 USD for a plugin without even trying it first!

If anyone has come into this error before, or could help me out in any way, that would be much appreciated!

many thanks.

Michael

--

My online folio showcasing works in the field of Multimedia Design:

http://www.michaelwentworth-bell.com

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Please help me - Aurora Sky and AE CS4
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 1:15:45 am

I used to own that plugin. I thought it was discontinued....

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Michael Wentworth-BellRe: Please help me - Aurora Sky and AE CS4
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:04:40 am

How come it is still for sale then?

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Please help me - Aurora Sky and AE CS4
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 2:14:07 am