ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

You cannot use this product at this time... WHAT?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian LynnYou cannot use this product at this time... WHAT?!
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:24:18 am

So I just suffered through a massive hard drive failure; system disk of course. No big deal right? I stuffed a new hard drive into my system, reinstalled the OS no problem. Installed my CS3 Production Premium and all went well... until I tried to run After Effects (or any part of CS3 at all)!

"You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adobe customer support for help."

What? Ummm...

So I un-installed, re-installed, and I get the same error again!

AAAAHH!!! I have a deadline to meet! What am I going to do???

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: You cannot use this product at this time... WHAT?!
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 3:58:39 pm

The message said to contact Adobe Customer Support. Did you try that?

Here's a link to the Customer Support contact page.

No one but Adobe Customer Support can help you if the issue is with the licensing/activation system.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Brian LynnRe: You cannot use this product at this time... WHAT?!
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 7:12:15 pm

Doesn't really matter now.

I'm fired.

I tried the customer support page from Adobe. I tried the "activate by phone" and it asked me for my serial number and activation number. It said both were displayed during the install process... they were not.

Adobe Customer Service is not open on Sunday. Nor is it open late nights on weekdays. These tend to be the two times I have the most problems and need the most help.

Basically I got screwed and I'm out of a job.

Thanks Adobe.

Return to posts index

Brian LynnRe: You cannot use this product at this time... WHAT?!
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 7:31:29 pm

It finally got fixed but that didn't help me for the job I lost.

I was wrong, Customer Service IS open on weekends but they have limited daily hours.

For a software package that costs so much, and has such an incredibly draconian activation requirement, and has very little competing software, it would be nice to have more support coverage.

I REALLY don't like the fact I have to run some MacroVision crap software tracking my computer and its serial numbers to run Adobe products either. But what am I to do? Kinda have to have the software Adobe makes. All I can do is complain and complain and complain in hopes that you'll find a better way and GET THIS MACROVISION CRAP OFF MY SYSTEM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]