ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Streaking Headlights

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy McWilsonStreaking Headlights
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:02:18 am

This is probably a mix of production and post-production technique, but I thought this would be the best forum to post in. I am attempting to create the streaking, blurry, headlight look that I can get when shooting long-exposure on film, but I want it in video of course. I could shoot a series of stills and animate them, but surely there is a way to at least simulate this look in video.

thanks in advance

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Streaking Headlights
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 1:22:50 am

depends how many cars you have and how fast they are going. I have rotoscoped soft glow circles on the headlights, pre comped it then used the echo filter with and overlay. Tweaking that set up works. Any number of plugins including trapcode stroke could do this. All involve SOME work.

You could also just try the echo filter on the entire footage, tweek it to repeat often, than crank the color correction 'dark' and contrasty leaving just the luminance of the effect. If its an evening shot, this would work too if you were to overlay that on the footage.

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Streaking Headlights
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 5:35:42 am

You guys should take a look at Eran Stern's Time BlendFX tutorial. He covers Echo, WideTime and TimeBLendFX. Youshould be able to achieve what you want with the stuff he covers.

Cheers
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]