ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

OMF Crashing Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James MurphyOMF Crashing Issue
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 9:29:50 pm

I have been using a Quicktime reference movie to composite shots in After Effects. I worked with a project at home (where AVID Media Composer exists) through an external hard drive. However, some OMFI Media Files were created on my home computer's internal hard drive. When I try to open up the project on my laptop, AE says it is missing the files needed to view the QT.

I transferred all the OMF files from my home computer onto my external, and I try to search for the files, but after one or two re-links, the spinning beach ball of death appears and freezes After Effects.

I was able to successfully re-link the files when I opened the video up in Quicktime, but AE will not let me re-link the files in it.

Is there a way to have the reference movie permanently reference the OMFs on my hard drive? Does anyone know why AE keeps crashing like this?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: OMF Crashing Issue
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 4:01:31 am

What version of After Effects? What operating system?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved