ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Key Correct Pro issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ButtacoliKey Correct Pro issue
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 5:35:29 pm

Can anyone confirm an issue I am having with the "lightwrap" effect within the Key Correct Pro bundle. I just noticed it does not work with a motion background. It uses only the first frame in the clip as the background "light".

Here's an experiment I performed:
Layer one is a simple pre-composed circle shape-layer - with lightwrap applied and layer two selected as the background.
Layer two is a simple pre-composed solid that changes colors over time, from red to blue to green to yellow.
When I view the result, the lightwrap remains green, even when the background changes hue.

Can anyone confirm this? Does Key Correct Pro only work with BG stills? (All the Red Giant tutorials I've seen only use stills of course, without mentioning you need too.)

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Key Correct Pro issue
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 8:30:51 pm

try pre-composing all the pre-composed stuff.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Key Correct Pro issue
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 2:07:27 pm

Everything is already pre-composed properly; the only effect in my main comp is the lightwrap. And it doesn't work as I believe it should. That's why I'd like someone to try the simple experiment above and let me know if it's my system or if that's how the plug-in works.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Key Correct Pro issue
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 9:56:36 pm

I tried to get it to work but it relinks to original footage even precomposed. It even locks itself to the 1st frame of a layer. Since timestretch doesn't affect it, I doubt even a script will work to fix it. I'm at a loss. Sorry...

btw, even copying and pasting it breaks its linking.

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

Chris ButtacoliRe: Key Correct Pro issue
by on Nov 4, 2009 at 2:17:48 pm

I suppose they should let us know it only works with stills! I'll have to post this on the RedGiant web site.

Thanks for confirming my issue, Chris.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]