ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem: No Sound

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeo MeierProblem: No Sound
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 11:30:56 am

I got no sound in After effects i mean not just when i preview it well that too but mainly when i export using the render que then i have a video with no sound please help I want to mention that in the project window it shows a thumbnail of the video with waves under the thumbnail which should mean that the sound was imported but why doesn't it export or why doesn't it play in the ram preview

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Problem: No Sound
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 4:17:56 pm

Usually when people say that they have no audio when they preview, it's because they're hitting the spacebar (using standard preview) and not using RAM preview. Check to make sure that you're using RAM preview.

If you still have no audio, check to see what happens when you do an audio-only preview.

Regarding audio on output, make sure that Audio Output is selected in the output module.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Xinlai NiRe: Problem: No Sound
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 4:20:05 pm

Several places you want to check:
1. The imported footage has sound doesn't mean it's enabled in the timeline, to check, see if there's a small speaker icon to the left of the layer with sound.
2. Make sure you hit numeric pad "0" for ram preview, not space key
3. When adding it to render queue, by default, its Output Module is lossless, and its Audio Output checkbox was unchecked, make sure you check it.

Xinlai Ni
Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved