ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Feedback effect ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmanuel GobertFeedback effect ?
by on Oct 31, 2009 at 7:37:39 pm

Hi everyone,
i wonder how to create, in a simple way, the feedback effect: like when a camera is shooting a screen that broadcasts what the camera shoot...
a exemple in this (great but short) video

thank you for your answers

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Feedback effect ?
by on Oct 31, 2009 at 8:20:20 pm

One of the common terms for this recursive sort of image is 'Droste' (because one of the first famous examples was in an advertisement for Droste cocoa).

Here's an After Effects Community Help search for Droste that pulls up some useful tutorials and a Pixel Bender plug-in.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Emmanuel GobertRe: Feedback effect ?
by on Oct 31, 2009 at 8:50:36 pm

Thank you for your answer.
I knew about this drost effect, but, as in my case the images don't need to "blend", i wonder if I could find a simply way to achieve the effect, maybe with an expression ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved