ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particular - Custom particles disappearing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey ParsonsParticular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Oct 30, 2009 at 6:08:32 pm

I run into this problem all the time and have never found a cure, I just work around it. I'm sick of it.

In this case, I have a spinning 3d coin movie with alpha that I want to use as a custom particle.

I set up the comp, add the coin layer (which is a nested comp), set Particular to use the coin as a custom particle, set "Random - Loop" and animate so that the coins are exploding out from a logo. Everything looks great, but looking closely one can see that some of the coins disappear then re-appear a couple frames later.

I have no blank frames in the coin comp I am using for the custom particle. It's just a coin spinning one revolution.

I can't figure out why some of the particle coins pop on and off like that. When particle type is set to "sphere" I don't get that problem.

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Mark WalczakRe: Particular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Oct 30, 2009 at 8:34:57 pm

What is your current solution for this? By knowing this, we may be able to reverse-engineer a problem.

Best,

What makes you explode?
http://www.explosivegraffix.com

Return to posts index

Jeffrey ParsonsRe: Particular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:03:23 pm

It's not really a solution, but I just make the precomp with the particle (coin, or whatever) very very long. Particular still drops a few particles, but far less often.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Particular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Oct 31, 2009 at 10:04:45 am

I can't recreate your problem. My guess is that it's some problem in the nested composition or some sort of a mixed frame rate issue (what frame rate are the compositions/footage?)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jeffrey ParsonsRe: Particular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 8:24:54 pm

Thanks all for the responses. I tried to recreate the problem at home, as I am not currently able to access the project I was having problem with... but of course now, it's working fine. I will take a look at that other project on Monday and see where I may be making a mistake, though at the moment I have no idea.

Return to posts index

Jim DodsonRe: Particular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Nov 2, 2009 at 12:17:10 am

I have had this same problem -- I used a Tree as a custom particle to make a forrest and the trees popped off even with a very long particle life -- I seem to remember reading that Peder (head honcho at Trapcode) was aware of this problem and there are postings on this subject on the Trapcode Forum within Creative Cow...

Also, I'm guessing (only guessing) that it was fixed in the new version of Particular (which I don't have yet -- so I'm not sure about that)...

Jim Dodson

8 Core Intel -- Mac - OSX

Return to posts index

Jaison WilsonRe: Particular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 7:34:07 pm

Thank you for responding to my post. How I ended up solving the problem was using my After Effects 6.5 version with a Trapcode Particular 1.0.1 version. For some reason the problem doesn't happen in those versions.

Jaison

Return to posts index

Gonzalo SallerRe: Particular - Custom particles disappearing
by on Sep 10, 2013 at 1:19:02 pm

I solve this problem by changing the random seed number.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]