by Dustin Ward on Oct 28, 2009 at 10:02:52 pm
I'm trying to get that wiggly edge animation where it looks like something is drawn, but the edges are moving. I have a drawing that I am trying to make the edges rapidly move, but not just on the ones near the alpha channel... all the edges.
Re: wiggly outlines by Kevin Reiner on Oct 29, 2009 at 5:57:33 pm
Maybe play with Auto-trace,
1. Apply autotrace to your picture.
2. Find a good setting that traces your art they way you like it. (clicking preview helps)
3.Then check the "apply to a new layer" and hit okay
4. Apply the scribble effect to this new layer and change the following settings:
a. check "use all maskes"
b. make fill type "center"
c. edge width a low number like 2
d. stroke color black
e. stroke width 2
5. Then precompose that solid layer moving all attributes into the new comp.
6. Add the displacement map effect to the original image and set the displacement map layer to be the precomp.
7. Play with all the settings in both effects to get the look you want.
Hope this helps. It will probably take some trial and error, but might get you to a solution.
System Setup (for a more detailed list, see my profile)
Mac Pro 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Two 16x SuperDrives
Dual-channel 2Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card
Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)
ATI Radeon X1900 XT Graphics Card
AJA Kona LHe SD/HD capture card
Apple Xserve Raid 5.6TB
Mac OS X 10.4.11
Final Cut Pro Studio 2
After Effects CS3
Boris Continuum 5
Sapphire Plug Ins
Digital Anarchy Anarchist Suite