ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to covert a SD-Project to a HD-Project, but without upsclaing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nils schneiderHow to covert a SD-Project to a HD-Project, but without upsclaing?
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:45:25 pm

Hi,

I want to convert an SD-Project to an HD-Project. It is an splitscreentimeline in SD and i want now use HD-Clips.

I only found tutorials with upsclaing clips.

Must I rebuild all splitscreens or know anybody a method I can use without rebuild anything.

Thank you for help!

yours Jan

Return to posts index

Joey BurnhamRe: How to covert a SD-Project to a HD-Project, but without upsclaing?
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:58:35 pm

You could create a new HD comp, dump all your old SD stuff into there, and then substitute the HD footage with the SD stuff. But you will still need to tweak everything to get it right.
Joey

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: How to covert a SD-Project to a HD-Project, but without upsclaing?
by on Oct 30, 2009 at 11:36:33 am

Use the Scale Comp javascript that comes installed with AE. What's good about it is that cameras and lights are sorted out for the new comp size.

What's not so good is that if you have a different screen aspect ratio, then you'll have to do some extra work moving layers in/out of frame and perhaps some resizing. After running the script, layers will be scaled up/down depending if you're scaling te comp up or down. SImply select all the layers and set their scale down to their pre-script values. SO, it's worth your while to make a backup caopy prior to running the script.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]