ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

PSD import problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jamie whitePSD import problem
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 4:49:42 pm

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I've been trying to import a PSD into After Effects. I have it selected as a composition, but it just comes in as a flat PSD (no layers, groups etc.).... I've looked through the settings and many tutorials and what I'm doing should work it seems. Any thoughts?

thanks very much,

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: PSD import problem
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 7:37:46 pm

First question, maybe silly, but is it your .psd? Do you know that it has multiple layers? Just asking cause I've had clients send me "layered" files that were not.

Otherwise if you can, email me the .psd and I'll take a look at it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: PSD import problem
by on Nov 7, 2009 at 4:53:16 am

From the "Preparing and importing Photoshop files" section of After Effects Help:

"Layered Photoshop (PSD) files need to be saved in RGB or Grayscale color mode for After Effects to import them as a composition and to separate the layers. CMYK, LAB, Duotone, Monotone, and Tritone color modes are not supported for layered files; After Effects will import a file that uses one of these color modes as a single, flattened image."

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Tom SmallRe: PSD import problem
by on Jun 19, 2014 at 1:35:41 am

Thank God for this answer. I've been pulling my hair out with the same problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved