ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Parenting certain values

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rihards OlmanisParenting certain values
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:59:27 pm

Is it possible (and if it is, then how) to parent only some values (like position, rotation) not whole layer with all its features?

EXAMPLE: I have shot a video, where 4 persons are stretching a blanket. Each of them is holding their own corner of the blanket. At first they are really close together, after couple of seconds they are approx 2 meters from each other. I tracked all these corners (their hands) and have the Tracker1 in my video with four track points. Went over them - all fine. Now I want to insert a picture as if it was on the blanket. I placed the picture as it should be in the beginning of the video - using Corner Pin tool for it.

THE QUESTION: Can I parent somehow the x and y of each track point from the video to the x and y of each Corner pin from the picture? Or it is not so simple.

PS. As you noticed from this post, I am really a beginner in AE, but I have just registered here to solve my problem and I would be glad if someone could help. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tony SilvaRe: Parenting certain values
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 4:33:40 pm

there is a corner pin tracking option, so you coulda just used that in the first place. But you can also be able to link the values via an expression.

Return to posts index

Rihards OlmanisRe: Parenting certain values
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:53:57 pm

I have AE 6.5, so my corner pin dont have tracking options.

But using expressions the same point has different values (for tracker it is 337,1 , 272,4 , but for corner the same point is 173,0 , 253,0)

why it is like that? And can I for example type in the expression something like xpos=(allthetrack point 1 data bla bla)-164,1) and ypos=(the same track point2 bla bla) - 19,6)

would it work (of course If I dont type bla, bla, but all the long text thats in there)?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved