ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

exporting to FCP?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Caspar Strackeexporting to FCP?
by on Oct 26, 2009 at 12:31:50 pm

Hello everyone.

searched archive assuming this question must have come up a zillion times but could only find the other way around (FCP>AE)
So here;s my problem: I am working on a 1080 25p project and exported files from AE in the right settings.
In FCP the file doesn't play back properly even if all settings are right.

can you link me to this topic?

Much thanks!

Caspar

Return to posts index

Jason BrownRe: exporting to FCP?
by on Oct 26, 2009 at 1:23:30 pm

Hey Caspar,

Don't know if this helps...because I don't work in PAL, but there is a discrepancy when rendering 24p material for FCP...FCP calls it 23.98...whereas in AE, you need the frame rate to be 23.976.

Again, don't know about 25 (which is PAL I believe)...but maybe that info might give you something to go on.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: exporting to FCP?
by on Oct 26, 2009 at 2:21:36 pm

Do the files that you rendered in AE match the settings of your sequence in FCP?
What are the settings of the rendered files, and the sequence? (include codec)
What do you mean by "not play back properly"?

(If the files stutter on playback, maybe your drives are too slow to play back the files)

Return to posts index

Caspar StrackeRe: exporting to FCP?
by on Oct 26, 2009 at 10:01:50 pm

Thanks, Steve and sorry..that wasn't very precise.
The clip staggers and plays back at about 5-10 fps , but only the AE one, all the other native HDV clips play back fine, so I doubt that its a ram issue.
Copied exact settings from FCP Sequence, HDV PAL 1080 25p, with upper field first.
(AE recognized this and automatically interpreted is this way)

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: exporting to FCP?
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 2:09:53 am

Heh -- no worries on the precise thing. :-)

So you used AE to render an HDV clip which you then dropped into FCP?

Try importing the "bad" AE clip and a "good" clip back into AE and check their settings. Tell me if they match. I suspect that the AE-rendered clip may have the right frame size and rate, but not the right codec. Let us know what you get -- do the clip characteristics match exactly?

(and I didn't mean that RAM was an issue -- I meant that the hard drive might not be fast enough to play back a high-res non-HDV-compressed 1080 PAL clip)

Return to posts index

Caspar StrackeRe: exporting to FCP? errata
by on Oct 26, 2009 at 10:04:08 pm

PS
Hey Steve: Bad english...Just to avoid misunderstadings:" I just pointed out that *I* wasnt very precise....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]