ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Help! Importing .AI to AE changes from vector to raster

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin NorrisHelp! Importing .AI to AE changes from vector to raster
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 9:22:52 pm

I am importing a vector file from Illustrator into After Effects. It's a logo. Once imported, the file is rasterized and does what a raster image does when enlarged. How do I convert it back to Vector?

It's saved as a vector .ai file. both are up to date programs from CS4.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Help! Importing .AI to AE changes from vector to raster
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 10:34:53 pm

from "About vector graphics and raster images":
"Some images are created as vector graphics in another application but are converted to pixels (rasterized) when they are imported into After Effects. If a layer is continuously rasterized, After Effects reconverts the vector graphics to pixels when the layer is resized, preserving sharp edges. Vector graphics from SWF, PDF, EPS, and Illustrator files can be continuously rasterized."

Did you turn continuous rasterization on for the layer?

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Sara Winklekeeping AI paths intact after import into AE
by on Mar 31, 2010 at 6:02:56 pm

Is there a way to keep the paths of my illustrator files intact after importing the layered file into AE?
I need to be able to set key frames on the paths. I know it is possible to copy and paste single paths onto solids in AE from an Illustrator file but would like to avoid doing that for 200 layers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved