ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE CS4 Reloading Assets Shifts/Moves Objects in Comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Narciso
AE CS4 Reloading Assets Shifts/Moves Objects in Comps
on Oct 24, 2009 at 6:55:01 am

Hello all,

My first post here will be a cry for help on something that I am completely stumped on. I am trying to reload assets on a project that has been handed down to me. The project is linked with .AI files.

Previously, I've successfully been able to edit Illustrator files and then reload the assets with the updated information without any coordinate shifting.

This seems like a bug to me because even if I save out the .AI file without any changes and reload the asset, multiple things shift around.

Let me know if I'm not being specific enough but I'm hoping others have experienced this.

I am using Adobe After Effects CS4 9.0.2

Return to posts index

scott novasic
Re: AE CS4 Reloading Assets Shifts/Moves Objects in Comps
on Oct 24, 2009 at 9:05:53 am

not enough detail. Once you import someone elses file you need to play it, or view it for accuracy.
If you do not have the same versions of illustrator, im not aware that that would matter. If there is an issue, RE import the file, save it in EI. Go to the assets and hit command E, to edit them. FInd out if there
anchor points are messed up or re-set a new file. Ive never had a problem this way (15yrs in ae and ai)

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Eddie Yepez
on Oct 24, 2009 at 3:31:48 pm

Hi, I had a similar problem. I had to open every AI file and save it as CS4. That was the only way to see them correctly in AE.

Hope it helps.
Eddie

Return to posts index

Dasha Legge
on Nov 11, 2009 at 10:29:46 am

Hello,

Be careful that you are not adding into the layers, if you do it resizes the whole layer and gives you freaky results.

Dasha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]