COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucia BastenhofParticular in precomp, camera linked to Main comp cam
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:31:37 am

Hi everyone ! :-)

I'm facing a problem I don't understand (yet !). Here it is :

I have 1 comp and 2 precomps.
- Main Comp : the 2 precomps + 1 main camera
- Precomp "Left" : 1 Particular "Left" + a camera (copy of the main one)
- Precomp "Right" : 1 Particular "Right" + a camera (copy of the main one)

In order to command all cameras from the main comp, I added these expressions on the precomps cameras :
comp("MainComp").activeCamera.pointOfInterest
comp("MainComp").activeCamera.position

But as soon as I did it, the Particulars were not visible anymore !
WHY ??
I checked, the expressions are working fine... So, why do the Particulars bother ?

A great thanks for your help ! :-)

Return to posts index

Lucia BastenhofRe: Particular in precomp, camera linked to Main comp cam
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:56:53 am

Well, more accurately, i wrote the expressions in one of the precomp, and the Particular disappeared.
Trying in the 2nd precomp, the expressions works well ! (adding .transform or not).

But no way to have the particular back in the 1st one ! Changing the camera doesn't make it visible, and when I make a copy of Particular "Right", copied into the precomp "Left" (which works), it doesn't appear there either !! (the Particular "Left" appears, no problem with it)

So, the problem seems to be in Particular "Right"... but I didn't change anything there... ??

(Opacity 100% and eye opened of course !)

Any idea ?

Thanks ! :-)

Return to posts index

Xinlai NiRe: Particular in precomp, camera linked to Main comp cam
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 3:46:41 am

Have you tried switching to the custom views to see the relative positioning of your precomp camera and particular? Sounds like your particular is out of the sight from the camera. When you are in custom view (or even just top,left,right, etc views), select both camera and particular layer, even if there's no particles generated, you should be able to see two set of gizmos representing these layers, then verify that the particular is in the visibility cone of that camera.

Xinlai Ni
Software Engineer, Google Inc.

Return to posts index

Lucia BastenhofRe: Particular in precomp, camera linked to Main comp cam
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 6:02:50 am

Thank you for your answer, Xinlai !
After some rest I just found the solution : the link to the custom particle had been cut... Though I can't understand why it was cut in one precomp and not in the other, I copied twice the custom particle layer with the main particular layer...
Anyway, everything is fine now.

But I keep in mind your proposals, Xinlai. I'm not used to work both with Particular and Cameras, and it could become very useful, since I could do the mistake.

;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]