ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need help with render quality

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas NadeauNeed help with render quality
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:23:25 am

Greetings all :)

New in video editing, I am still struggling to find good settings to output movies with deep black and crisp image.

Here are 2 screen grab of my AE viewport:

For reasons still escaping me, I can't seem to ouput this level of quality. In other words, the output doesn't look like the image in the viewport.

Source: 1440x1080i 29.97 (Canon HV20)
Output: Tried pretty much everything from 1280x720 to 1920x1080, playing with pixel aspect ratio. Currently exporting as .wmv V9 10 000kbps (maybe .wmv is crap to begin with?)

output sample :

1- 1920x1080 HD screen (i need to get this one right before testing web)
2- web (768x432 approx final size)

I'm most probably missing some key information needed to make this help request complete - by all means point me to where I should be looking :)

Any and all help will be appreciated

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Need help with render quality
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 8:59:55 am

boy its hard to tell with your sample looking so nice. When your outputing 1080i from a DV souurce which starts at 1440, you are already at a disadvantage. Conversion is needed. When you are in an app like AE or even FC. The still frame you are viewing depends so much on your monitors calibration and a variety of other settings. I HATE to sound old school on you, but color correction and consistency among output sources is an area that a LOT of the last 5-10 yrs of graduates have yet to respect and make adjustments for. The hardware has gotten so amazining, that the sheer issue of color tends to make its way out of importance. "If were close were good" is usually the mantra. I will tell you what tons of pros will also tell you. Get USED to YOUR SYSTEM and its OUTPUT. And make color correction and decisions based on THAT. We ALL have are unique workflows. The key is finding consistency WITHIN OUR OWN
workflow and our OUTPUT. Its an in exact science. But its what most of us do, in my opinion.

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved