ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alon Hammerlogo
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:08:34 pm

I have footage of a guy with a logo on the back of his shirt.

I want to remove the logo and add a different logo.

So i thought i would track, mask , replace and then fix lighting and coloring. (is this the best technique?)

the only thing is what about creases in the shirt and other 3D movements. any ideas? maybe an advanced displacement map?

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: logo
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:27:09 pm

There's Imagineer Systems' Mokey that'll do this quite nicely.

Your best bet is to start off with s t-shirt without a logo but with a tracking marker that's large enough to trjack. If you already havej a logo then it shouldn't be too large that it covers a lot of the creases. The creases will likely be your biggest problem. If removing the original logo also removes lots of creases then you'll have to re-insert the creases via a Paint technique.

Displacement mapping is one way to go with placing your logo on the t-shirt and blending in with the creases. Or take a look at Digieffect's Freeform for 3D displacement.

For change in perspective, perform a perspective corner pin track. Like other visual effects, the shot should be well planned out before the shoot to prevent headaches an a shortened lifespan.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: logo
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 4:02:33 pm

Is that the best technique? No.
Reshooting with a t-shirt that has the right logo on it is the best technique.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: logo
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 4:17:52 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "Reshooting with a t-shirt that has the right logo on it is the best technique. "

Amen, brother! You read my mind, Michael!

Dave's Stock Answer #2:

When you're out on a shoot, and you say, "we'll fix this in post" without knowing PRECISELY HOW you're going to fix it in post, don't shoot it! You'll only end up shooting it over again.

Since post typically costs three times the cost of production, fixing something in post is not a way to save money, but rather a way to spend more of it.

And, before you say "well fix it in post," always consider who's doing the work, especially if you're the one doing the editing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alon HammerRe: logo
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 7:18:08 pm

I did not film the footage i was asked by a client to remove a logo and am getting paid (a lot) to do so.

Thank you Roland for your advice, ill keep you updated ass the project unfolds.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved