ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Export Problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin MullinsExport Problem
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:55:24 pm

Whenever I render out a composition from AE 8.0 (MAC) the resulting Quicktime is always much darker than the original footage. I never apply any colour grade or effects which might do this so I was wondering if this is a settings-based issue. The footage I bring in is either uncompressed QT or ProRes HQ, but either way the result is always the same. I have tried different codec settings upon export but to no avail. If someone could suggest a solution I would be most appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Export Problem
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:32:51 pm

AE works in RGB. Perhaps your source is YUV or your CODEC works in YUV space. You'll have to tweak it in your editing app or in AE. The good thing is that you can save the setting (Levels should do the trick) as an Animation Preset.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Export Problem
by on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:12:14 pm

There are some well-known issues with gamma in QuickTime Player. See this page for more information.

For ProRes footage specifically, see this post.

As with all such questions about getting consistent color, the first answer, though, is that you should use color management.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved