ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE render settings

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Forte
AE render settings
on Oct 23, 2009 at 7:56:08 am

I have AAE 6.5 and I edit my projects with Sony Vegas 9. But every time I render a time remapping clip or something I made in AE into Vegas, and then render my full Vegas project, the AE clip comes out blurry with quality loss. I've tried every AE render setting the internet has thrown at me but nothing seems to work. I'm beginning to think the problem might be with Vegas rather than AE, but I don't know for sure. Can someone help me please? What specific render settings do I need, for AE and/or Vegas?

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: AE render settings
on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:41:01 pm

You'll have to look at how you get your footage out from Vegas AND also how you go from AE back into Vegas.

Perhaps more info will be good.

Cheers
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:59:35 pm

[Andre Forte] "...every time I render a time remapping clip or something I made in AE into Vegas, and then render my full Vegas project, the AE clip comes out blurry with quality loss"

As Roland mentions, more info would be good. But if you're having specific trouble with time remapping, it could be the footage... and for a couple of reasons.

First, you could have shot 24p and cut it together without removing pulldown. As I understand it, Vegas doesn't have problems displaying 24p in a 29.97 timeline, but doing so can give AE fits, particularly with time remapping. So to work with 24p in AE, you have to start in Vegas by removing pulldown and cutting in a 23.976 (aka 23.98) timeline.

Second, the very nature of the footage you used in Vegas could be giving AE trouble. Read on:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andre Forte
on Oct 23, 2009 at 10:43:20 pm

I actually render everything in avi format, so I don't really need to compress anything. Basically it's like this. I take a small clip out of Vegas in avi format, nothing long, just about 30-40 seconds. I do a "ramped slow motion" effect in AE with said clip. When I render the clip in AE, I use best settings and losless settings. The clip looks pretty much fine when I play it by itself, but when I put it in the full project I'm working on in Vegas, and render the Vegas project in avi, the AE clip comes out blurry. I figured that AE isn't the problem because I've tried several render settings in AE and they all seem to work. I think the problem might be Vegas. Maybe it's that "recompression" thing it does when it renders projects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]