ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Does After effects have live feed capabilities??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher NoonDoes After effects have live feed capabilities??
by on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:48:04 pm

hey guys, im a student working on a theoretical design project for a haunted house. not building it, just organizing the components together to make it work.

basically, i would use a XDCAM to shoot an actor dressed as a ghost as he performs one part of a story. that feed will go through a video effects system[AfterEffects] to give the video feed a transition-in and out, plus a green tinge filter. that data will then be sent into a panasonic PT-DW7000 projector which will shoot the image onto an arrangement of mirrors and films to create a 3D image. the actor will be abel to interact with the audience.

so really i just need to know if after effects is the program to use for that task, if not, i dont know what else is out there. i dont even know for sure if my desired software exists. any advice would be truly appreciated!!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeNo!!!
by on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:26:14 pm

There is nothing even remotely live about After Effects. It's exclusively a Post-Production, non-real-time effects and compositing application. And you can't hot-wire AE to make it work like one, either.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alan OkeyRe: Does After effects have live feed capabilities??
by on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:27:24 pm

Conduit Live does exactly what you need:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved