ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Question about Trapcode Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alireza BahmanpourQuestion about Trapcode Particular
by on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:54:29 am

I have two questions, both regarding Trapcode particular. I'm making a movie in After Effects in which I have different music notes flying through the screen, using Trapcode Particular.

Now my first question is that, ok, I have selected the particle type as custom and I set it to a layer in the composition which is actually a music note. Now as I said, I want to have 'different' music notes fly around, so I was thinking if there was a way which would allow me to select several different layers as custom particle type (just to avoid making several layers for particular each holding a single music type).

The second question, which is more important, is that is there a way I could give the particles made with particular a random 3D rotation? I need this very much in order to liven up my scene a bit.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Question about Trapcode Particular
by on Oct 22, 2009 at 11:27:41 am

You can use a single nested comp as your custom particle. This nested comp may contain multiple musical notes, each with identical duration. Each note may be rotated in 3D mode. Each note should be rotated in such a way that it completes at least one full rotation.

Then use Particular's custom particle to random loop. There is a setting to let Particular know the loop duration for each note.

So let's say you have three notes (three layers) and each makes one full rotation after four seconds. Sequence them on a timeline and then nest the resultant comp into the Particular composition.

You then tell Particular the number of clips you have and to use Split Clip Loop option under Custom Particle. Actually, the Help doc covers this.

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Alireza BahmanpourRe: Question about Trapcode Particular
by on Oct 25, 2009 at 6:55:15 pm

Thanks a lot. Just tried what you said, worked like a charm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved