ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

HELP NEEDED - black lines on render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Hare
HELP NEEDED - black lines on render
on Oct 21, 2009 at 8:10:57 pm

Hi all,

I have a job i am working on that is broadcast on Friday and things are not going as well as they should. I have created a sequence in widescreen pal and all is good when looking within after effects. But when I render I get strange black lines that run along various surfaces in the sequence. For example I had a camera tracking along a 3D floor which is a solid with the grid effect. When I render I get horizontal black lines that pop on and off randomly all over the place. Another example is an image that is rotated on x and y. As the camera tracks past this I get black lines that appear to be running along the face of the images.

I have tried a few different codecs, and output types, but none of this appears to make any difference.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Jason

Return to posts index

Jason Hare
Re: HELP NEEDED - black lines on render
on Oct 21, 2009 at 10:32:58 pm

I have since discovered that this problem is caused by the camera depth of field. As son as I turned this off the renders were sharp and artifact free.

But now I have no depth of field. Is this system faulty or am I missing something??

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Oct 22, 2009 at 11:46:46 am

Please provide details of your source imagery. Are you using any AE Lights (Spot or Point?) and Shadows? If you are, try switching off Shadows and see if the problem persists.

Cheers
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Jason Hare
on Oct 23, 2009 at 7:46:30 pm

I am not using lights or shadows. I am working in PAL Widescreen square pixel.

Since these problems I have done simple tests with two simple panels both rotated, and placed at different z depths. I did a focus pull from one plane to the other. In CS4 I get the error. In CS3 it works fine.

It seems there is some kind of bug in CS4 depth of field effect?

Is anyone having success with CS4 depth of field?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]