ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott DawkinsRendering
by on Oct 21, 2009 at 1:36:09 pm

I have only recently started using masks in after effects but when rendering actual projects i want to turn off my masks like they are transparent.

My project has a logo and i have a mask on a white solid which moves to reveal a tail like flick on the logo. But when rendering this with the alpha channel, the mask then still appears and i just want the logo and not showing any mask layers. This leaves a white shaped mask which looks terrible.

Its probably such a noob question to ask but please help!

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Rendering
by on Oct 21, 2009 at 3:22:24 pm

If I understand correctly, you are covering up another layer with a masked white solid over a white BG, which looks fine over the white background but not so good with transparency.

What you should be doing is applying the mask to the logo layer itself. Try to copy and paste the mask onto your logo layer and set its mode to "subtract". If the layers are different sizes or whatever and that doesn't work you can also just use the masked white solid layer as a track matte by placing it over the logo layer and setting the logo layer's track matte option to "alpha inverted".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved